September 11, 2010

Prince Charming's Princess

When your mom is in the kitchen doing what ever, does she ask you to come help her? My mom does…or at least she tries to. I haven’t been into the whole cooking in the kitchen and doing all the things that we as young women are supposed to do. When your mom asks you to peel potatoes and make the meatloaf, she is preparing you for the future. Does your mom ever ask you to watch your younger sibling while she’s grocery shopping, when you’re at the park, or when it’s your parent’s anniversary? Did you know that she is preparing you that way too? She wants you to watch your siblings so you’ll be ready when you have kids of your own someday. Even if that means you play with a baby doll and pretend that it’s hungry, needs a diaper change, or needs a nap. Are you having trouble being patient, because you want to meet you Prince Charming? There is a book my mom bought a two years ago called Before You Meet Prince Charming. This book is written by Sarah Mally, a young lady all for purity and is very obedient to the LORD. It tells you what to do when you are distracted or in other words, when you are daydreaming about the boy you have a crush on. It tells you the dangers of dating and having a boyfriend. This book has been really helping me with the struggles I am going through. Like daydreaming about the day my Prince Charming will come in and sweep me off of my feet. Or letting the thought of Man, God sure is taking a long time with the man he has for me! With these struggles it has been very hard to focus on my schoolwork, prepare for my Prince Charming, minister in the way God wants me to do, and most of all, REMAIN PURE! This book is appropriate for all ages, you will learn a lot out of this book that you never knew before.

1 comment:

  1. You are talking like you believe getting married is the highest calling from God. And that a girl should not daydream about Prince Charming, yet preparing for marriage and waiting for him seems to be the only thing you think about.
    If it is a woman`s nature to nurture and keep a house, why would she need all those years trying to learn it? I have been married for two years, my husband is not a good cook, so I make the meals. But even if I made very very few meals before I got married, I now can cook delicious meals with no problem. Not because I am specially gifted, cause I am not. But it is just not THAT hard. You don`t need to spend years to prepare for it. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha