September 6, 2010

I Peter 3:1-4

"In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept Good News. Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words. They will be won over by watching your pure, godly behavior. Don't be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."

These verses really spoke to me when I read them, mostly because I'm all about wanting prettier clothes than the clothes I have right now, or wanting the jewelry at JC Penny that's like way out of my price range (this want is very, very, very slim, because we RARELY go to JC Penny). I am also constantly bombarded with the thoughts like: I'm not as pretty as the actresses that I see on TV or I don't know how my parents can think I'm beautiful, not to mention God!

I have also been struggling with the gentle and quiet spirit. I am really working on this and constantly praying that the Lord will help me in this area in my life.

Also the verse that says "They will be won over by watching your pure godly behavior..." I wonder what my behavior looks like in the eyes of the young men around me. This section of the passage really gets me thinking. Because I never know if my Prince Charming is watching. I'm sure I struggle in this area as well, I constantly pray that the Lord will reveal any weak areas in my life.

*Hope y'all had a blessed Labor Day*

A sister in Christ and in purity,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha