September 16, 2010

Being "normal" in our society

Lately I've been struggling with worrying about what other people think about me! Whether it's with my weight, the way I dress, my beliefs, etc. And wondering if I will ever get over this struggle. Because I know that when Christ was here on Earth, He did not care what other people thought about Him. Instead He was more worried about every ones future, and whether they will be spending eternity in Heaven or in Hell. But lately I've been wondering, what does our society see when they look at me?

Our society probably sees some kooky "teenager" who thinks having a boyfriend is a "sin," so they label me as a freak! So if that means that I am labeled a freak so be it, but I'll be a freak for my belief in Christ Jesus. Our society may even think that I'm some freak who doesn't know how to be normal. Well I don't know how to be "normal" the way our society thinks of normal, but I know how to be normal when it comes to purity & being around my family & friends. To me being normal is acting my-self, not something I'm not, like most girls in our society think they have to do in order to be a part of the popular crowd. My way of acting normal is playing with my sister, hurting my-self at least 10 - 20 times a day (I'm accident prone :D), having a GREAT time at the AWANA youth group I go to, or reading my Bible so I can hide His Word in my heart like He tells us to...that's my way of being normal. I know all this shouldn't bother me but it does! I'm still praying about this struggle and yielding it to God. I'm just truly thankful that I have Someone to catch me when I fall!

A sister in Christ and in Purity,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha