August 21, 2010

The Cafeteria Monster

When I was in second grade I went to a small school in a small town in Southwestern Iowa. At lunch time my friends Wyatt, Drew, and I didn't really enjoy this time of day, but our friend William didn't have a problem with it (not sure why). We didn't like it because the food was bad, but because of one of the ladies who worked in the cafeteria. I can't remember her name, but I remember the nickname Wyatt, Drew, and I gave her...the Cafeteria Monster, anyway back to the story. Every time Wyatt, Drew, and I would come up to her so she could give us our food, this is how the conversation would go between her and us second graders:

Me: Ma'am can I have very little green beans and carrots on my tray please?

Cafeteria Monster: Why what's the matter you don't like them?

Me: No, I've just never cared for green beans and carrots.

Cafeteria Monster: Fine!

There went scoop 1, scoop 2, scoop 3... you get the picture.


Or if it was pizza day this is how the conversation between Wyatt, Drew, and William would go:

Wyatt and Drew: I don't want any pizza please.

Cafeteria Monster: Why you don't like it?

Wyatt and Drew: No, I just don't feel like pizza today.

Cafeteria Monster: Fine!

There went one HUGE slice for the two boys. Now I have to add in this post that the pizza the schools serve is absolutely AWFUL!!!!!! Also William wasn't very polite with Cafeteria Monster. This is how the conversation would go between William and Cafeteria Monster:

William: I don't want any pizza.

Cafeteria Monster: What's the matter, you don't like it?

William: That's right I absolutely HATE the pizza here, but since I don't want to go hungry I'll have some anyway.

I think that's why Cafeteria Monster was always nicer to William than to Wyatt, Drew, and me. Cafeteria Monster was also mean to me when I didn't want skim milk, but whole milk. Here is how the conversation would go between me and Cafeteria Monster:

Cafeteria Monster: HURRY UP your holding up the line!!!!!!!!

Me: Do you have whole milk instead of skim milk? (I absolutely HATE skim milk!!!!!)

Cafeteria Monster: No! If you don't like skim milk then have Orange Juice!!

Me: But I don't feel like Orange Juice, I feel like Chocolate Milk.

Cafeteria Monster: THEN HAVE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when Wyatt and Drew would come across the first graders going into the cafeteria for lunch they would tell the first graders to be careful because the cafeteria was haunted. I thought that, that was VERY mean, but they got a kick from the first graders face when they would say that.

As you can tell my second grade year in the small town wasn't very pleasant! Luckily my mom decided to home-school me after my second grade year was finished (PRAISE GOD FOR THAT) :)


Hope y'all have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

A sister in Christ and in purity,
Alisha


NOTE: This story was a work of fiction and non-fiction. The characters are non-fiction, but the sentence which contains the cafeteria being haunted was fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha