June 19, 2010

Books I've read lately

Lately I've been trying to read more, so I thought I'd share the books I have finished with you. Also, since we've had a HUGE garage sale, and my mom wanted to get rid of the not-so-God-glorifying books, I'd thought I'd help out... and because I love reading (I just don't do enough of it).




  • The true confessions of Charlotte Doyle ~ this was an okay book, it had a good story behind it, the author did a good job imitating sailors in the book. It's just I don't really want to read a book with curse words in almost every sentence we read. It didn't have that many curse words, but it was still offending.
  • The Great Gilly Hopkins ~ I do not recommend this book for any child to read! This book was full of curse words in almost every single page I turned, adn every sentence I read.
  • The River ~ this is the sequel to Hatchet, but I don't recommend this book at all. This again it has curse words, God's name in vain. I also don't recommend Hatchet, Brian's winter, and The winter room.

Just thought I'd give a heads up on books not to read!

In His Grace,

Ali Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha