May 2, 2009

A Prayer That Can Change Your Life

Just recently I was reading my my favorite book, Millie's Faithful Heart (it's from the Millie Keith, a life of faith series) and found a prayer that I instantly fell in love with; a prayer for purity.

Jesus, please hold my heart in your hand. Don't let me give it or any piece of it away. I want YOU to give it away in Your time, to the right person. Please hold it tight, lock it up, and keep the key.

In a previous post ~ I told you that I made a vow to purity. Well, yes I told God that I was willing to wait and save myself for my Mr. Right, but I didn't ask God to guard my heart. When I came across this prayer I immediately grabbed a pen and wrote it down and said the prayer as well. I'm holding this one close to my heart!

I'm telling you, this prayer is worth it. In the end you'll be able to tell your Prince Charming that you've saved your WHOLE heart, just for him. Purity isn't just a bed of roses, there are a lot of temptations, but that's where you need to use the self control God has placed within you.

I pray I have encouraged you girls to save your whole heart for your Prince Charming. I'll be praying for you - please pray for me too!

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Tim 4:12

In Christ,
Alisha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha