March 3, 2009

My Vow To Purity

Lately my dad and I have been reading a book called Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally. She explains the dangers about dating and having a boyfriend. This book is the perfect book for all the girls who want to remain pure. It gives advice when you find yourself daydreaming about a boy you have a crush on. It has encouraged me in the choice I have made in purity.

Allow me to preface just a little...

When I was about eight-years-old I went to a wedding and saw the bride swinging her arms around, snapping her fingers, and not able to hold still, just about the time the preacher was about to say "You may now kiss the bride.". I asked my mom why the bride was so fidgety and she told me this would be the brides first kiss, and continued to tell me that purity was EXTREMELY important. It was that night I made a vow to the LORD that I would NOT kiss a boy until my wedding day. Now that I'm older I have found myself daydreaming about my night in shinning armour. I live every day trying my best to remain pure and keep to my promise I made to the LORD.

This book encourages purity and courtship. It is very appropriate with no language or word pictures. I hope you really enjoy this book as much as we have.

~Miss Alisha~

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I really enjoyed the way you described the book. I enjoyed your post greatly. I will be praying for protection for you as you have made a very wise decision. God bless you from the Ross family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli:

    Thank you so very much for you lovely tribute to Grandpa. I am sure he loved it when it reached him in heaven. He loved you very much and never forgot the memories he had with you in El Paso, and the trips you made with him to feed the ducks. It was a very important time of his life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha