April 29, 2010

What about dating?

Everyday we are overcome by friends, family, books, media, etc about dating or boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. After a while it, honestly to tell the truth, gets quite annoying! So I ask, is dating biblical? Actually lets go a step further, are we putting ourselves in danger?
Lets start with, is dating biblical? No it isn't, no where in scripture does it say, "Be pure in all you do, but go ahead and say yes to the first guy who asks you out." Instead it tells us in Song of Songs 2:7, "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." In 1 Corinthians 5:1-2 it tells us to treat others with absolute purity.

Now lets go to, are we putting ourselves in danger? Well yeah we are, in the book called Before You Meet Prince Charming the author Sarah Mally tells young girls that dating and the relationships that come along with the dating are practice for divorce. Our society is basically teaching us how to divorce. This is what she means by this:
Tyler really likes Michaela, they go to the same Christian school, church, they even live two blocks away from each other. Soon Tyler starts giving Michaela some unnecessary attention, he starts winking at her, putting his arm around her... just plain flirting. Michaela just loves the attention he's giving her, so she takes it all. Soon before Tyler and Michaela know it they are inseparable, they do everything together, and they start dating. What Michaela doesn't know is Tyler already has a girlfriend. Then one day when Michaela walks into the school building she spots Tyler out of the corner of her eye with his first girlfriend. Later that day Tyler comes up to her and tells her very nicely that their relationship has to come to an end.

Do you see how dating and the relationships lead up to the young adult "divorce"? Today in the marriage life, if one is doing something the other doesn't like they usually want a divorce. In a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship if one doesn't want to continue the relationship they "divorce" at a young age.

I'm not trying to be your conscience, but I just felt like I really needed to blog about this topic. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was trying to tell any of that you need to stop dating. But I'll be praying that the Lord used this post to touch your heart in anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feel free to leave a comment I would really like to here what you have to say about this topic!

In His unfailing love,
Ali Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting me, I hoped you enjoyed your visit :D

My hope and prayer is that my blog will be uplifting, enjoyable, and glorifing. I pray that the Light of my Savior will shine through me on my blog!

May the Lord God bless you forever!
Alisha